Tuesday 22 November 2011

Merry Gaga-mas

I do love London but sometimes I wish I was New Yorker; they have way cheaper taxi's, better bagels and now to top it all they have Lady Gaga's Chritmas takeover of Barneys!

Enigmatic: Lady Gaga makes a grand entrance, as usual

Hitting the shops really isn't high on my list of things to do at anytime of year, but with the Christmas shopping madness approaching it would take something super special to get me near one - Gaga is that thing.

I've been quietly excited to see what her team would pull out of the bag for this and so far it looks pretty good. I love the 'hair' windows - below and the whole 'Nightmare before Christmas' vibe of the rest of the store.

Sneak peek: A glimpse of the secretive Barneys window display by Gaga and her team revealed a scene that appeared to be made of hair

Eerie: Final touches to the window display allowed passers by to snatch a peek at the art work. Gaga's Workshop is unveiled tonight

Looks familiar: An outlandish sculpture on display at Gaga's Workshop

Innovative: A striking Gaga-esque way to display jewellery

Getting the message: Ornaments and accessories hang on a display spelling 'GAGA'

You can see some of the products online and its nice to see something a bit different to tempt you to drop your hard earned cash.

My favourite has to be these amazing stockings! The perfect gift for your inner street-walker!

Gaga's Workshop x Barneys New York Avant Garde Boot Stocking   Gaga's Workshop x Barneys New York Stiletto Stocking

I'm sure there are more exciting things to come, unfortunately here in London there will be no hooker heel stockings. I suppose we Brits will have to be satisfied with some X factor rejects switching on the Regent Street lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment