Saturday 17 December 2011

A thing of Beauty?

I've never really been very interested in Agyness Deyn. This is for no particular reason other than I tend to think that models are rather dull. Is it just me?
Anyway today I saw these photos of her New York loft which she is selling (why?) and I was literally slack jawed with amazement.

The article I saw the photo's in was criticising the style saying it was all sorts of hideous. But I disagree most strongly. In fact I bloody love the style and would happily move in if I had the money to spare.
It may not be everyones taste but I fear that more often is not because many people have the dullest taste imaginable when it comes to decorating their home.



I think the use of colours and patterns here is truly fantastic. Leopard print carpet is suddenly seeming not such a crazy - Jackie Collinsish choice anymore.


Hello bath of dreams!



As a child 'The little Mermaid' was my favourite film, apparently Agyness was a fan too judging by the beautiful wall panels in her bedroom.





There is a definite Oriental feel to the scheme which I love. This circular opening really reminds me of traditional Japanese houses where shaped openings are used to reveal views.







I suppose I must offer Agyness an apology, a woman who put this apartment together couldn't be dull.
Or maybe she IS dull with a great interior designer?! Hmmmm





No comments:

Post a Comment