Thursday 20 October 2011

Part Deux


So here is the follow up post to the Palace Art Fair. Before that I wanted to share with you some work from the art gallery that I've been telling you about. Below is a picture of the upstairs seating area. We are not using this scheme now but I really like it. What d'you think? Such a big fan of a monochrome palette with bright bursts of colour. I would happily have this as my living room - though with more 'stuff/mess' obviously.


I found this picture that I've kept for some time and think it links quite well to the scheme above. The yellow wall is too good for words and I love the graphic black and white poster at the back. I'm also intrigued by the corner of the plant diagram banner on the left, I love things like that! Very science lab chic.


So down to business and here are the other artists that I really enjoyed at the show. The first is Emma Franks. There is something about her paintings that I just can't get out of my head. They are quite melancholy but very sweet at the same time. They remind me of Tim Burton films (early ones) and that's no bad thing. See more at www.emmafranks.co.uk



Maria Rivans makes the most fantastic collages. In fact I'm pretty partial to a collage myself. I really like how she has used vintage collectables, hand made paper, photographs and fabrics to create the pieces.  www.mariarivans.com




So in honour of Maria I am posting one of my own collages. Its slightly less intricate and slightly more homoerotic, but hey, horses for courses.



Last but not at all least is Flora Mclachlan. Wow, I really like these pieces. It seems that I'm very much drawn to work that has a naive dreamlike quality. Flora draws inspiration from the countryside and stories. These pieces definitely remind me of half remembered stories from childhood and the strange magical
things that might happen there when the moon is shining bright.




Now, a thing of beauty to end on. I've mentioned my 'thing' for chairs on here before. Not all chairs obviously, but I think I have found a new contender for absolute favourite. I have no idea who made this chair or what its called, so if anyone does or has one they would like to give me please get in touch. Isn't it just fantastic! It looks like it wouldn't win any awards for comfort, but like many women will say of a favourite pair of heels, its not about comfort its what they look like!






No comments:

Post a Comment