Wednesday 6 July 2011

Super Gay, Super Bass and SBTRKT



Here's to South Beaches first gay hotel?! How its the first is beyond me considering that South Beach is as gay as gay can be with Cher on top! I have always loved South Beach and now I know where to stay next time I go back - Lords.

The decor is pure camp South Beach, with imaginative details everywhere. The sunshine coulours are perfect for the location and its nice to see a bit of fun being injected back into South Beach as many of the sea front hotels have become a bit dry in recent years. The Design was by BHDM of New York - job well done guys!



Such liberal use of Elizabeth Taylors image is getting a big thumbs up from me. I want that print!



So that was Super Gay, now Super Bass. I'm not usually a great fan of hip hop and definately not the videos which have moved on somewhat from the bitches and ho's format to I'm out in da club, with some mates one of which will be wearing geek glasses, que flashing lights and endless dull cliches of 'a great club'.  J-lo couldn't help but spread this format even thinner in her video 'On the floor' and she looks as bored as we do by the whole concept.

So thank god for Nicky Minaj! I love the video for her song Super Bass.





My favourite bit is with all the flourescents, its great if a little done, but I think using it in this context was unexpected and therefore, me likey!

Finally SBTRKT, have no idea what that stnds for but I like what I've heard of their music. What I like even more is the posters for their debut album which are popping up all over London, keep an eye out for them. Nu Tribal.










No comments:

Post a Comment