Friday 25 May 2012

Chelsea Flower Show, Darling!

I've been wanting to visit the Chelsea flower show for years but never quite manage to get my act together and buy tickets in time. Well this year a very thoughtful person - thanks Mum, did it for me. So yesterday I travelled over the border from Fulham to go to the Chelsea flower show.

Luckily we went in the evening as it was the hottest day of the year. To be honest we were slightly underwhelmed with a lot of the larger gardens. I'm sure there real merit lies in the amazing planting rather than the layout so they were probably a bit of my head.

My favourites were definately the small city gardens, which really were tiny but looked like they had been there forever. So much thought and imagination had gone into them. They really were fantastic.

In the large tents, there were amazing flower displays. The orchids were real show stoppers but my favourites are the carnivorous plants which I just think are so elegant and beautiful - they are the perfect chic house plant. I can see them against dark grass cloth wallpaper - heaven!

A client today recommended that Jonathan Adler should do a show garden for Chelsea! I think this is a great idea. Might do some sketches for it myself. The larger gardens really could do with an injection of imagination and fun so watch this space!

Ciao from Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment