Thursday 24 May 2012

Turning Green

I've got some serious colour crushes at the moment. Maybe it's working with colour all day but I just can't get enough. Today it's all about going green. There is something so rich and fresh about deep emerald green. The glade bar at Sketch in London has recently used this colour to magical effect. Those huge curtains are so theatrical, I adore the drama of this space. Other inspirations are malachite in all it's forms. I bought two small malachite bowls from a charity shop last year and they are one of my favourite possessions - they look so great with everything.
The famous banana leaf wallpaper from the Beverly hills hotel is possibly the best wallpaper ever. It was used to great effect in the 'Golden Girls' and if it's good enough for the girls it's good enough for me.
It's never quite enough just to love something at home so I now have some fabulous green jeans, as seen in a shoot from Monocle magazine to spread the green envy across town!

No comments:

Post a Comment