Friday 9 September 2011

ELIZABETH TAYLOR IS COMING!



As some of you will already know, I am a huge fan of the late, great Miss Taylor - Never did anyone before or since embody what it means to be a star so perfectly. So I was so excited to hear that Christies would be touring her collection which will finally be auctioned in New York in December. I have been waiting since the announcement to find out what dates the collection will be in London and it turns out its on the 24th, 25th and 26th of September. Three days when I am super busy. But I am determined to go and see the show all the same.

Some images of her legendary Jewelry, which for many will be the highlight of the tour, have been published. for me I'm more interested to go and see some of the less publicised belongings and the clothes. I am eagerly waiting for the catalogues which I have bought at great expense, but I feel they will be something to keep forever, a reminder of a truly great lady and an amazing event, possibly the gayest souvenir ever?



This is the newly named 'Elizabeth Taylor Diamond' it is the star of the show. You can see in the pictures quite how big this diamond is. While JLo was prancing around singing about the rocks that she got and pretending to be the Queen of bling Elizabeth must have been at home laughing - JLo's bling looks positively paltry next to this honking stone!


This is the La Pelegrina Pearl. This is considered on of the most perfect pearls in existence and was discovered in the Sixteenth Century. Originally owned by the Spanish Royal Family it found its way to the Queen of Hollywood and now to know knows. One thing is for sure, the next owner won't be poor - or me, it is valued at $2,000,000 - $3,000,000

This Bvlgari Emerald Suite was given to Elizabeth by Richard Burton, who was by all accounts rather generous. I suppose when a bouqet of petrol station flowers won't do, the next best thing is a Diamond and Emerald extravaganza!

Well all that was a little vulgar, so here are some of my favorite photo's of Elizabeth to remind us that she was more than a draping station for some rather large jewels.






Ironically, a woman so beautiful she really didn't need jewelery to accentuate her looks.

In completely unrelated news I may be off to Japan next week! I read in this mornings metro paper that you can go and volunteer in the clear up after the Japanese Tsunami. I must admit it hadn't crossed my mind to fly to Japan to help, but as I have some time off from full time work I feel it would be a pretty good way to spend my time. I have always been fascinated by Japanese culture and design and it has brought me great pleasure in my life so maybe its time to give something back to this great Country. (I'm not too keen on their fishing policies, but that is for another time - not nice to kick people when they are down). So I am waiting to see if I will be off and will keep you all posted! Fingers Crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment