Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wish you were here? Yes I do!

The effect of not having a summer holiday is definitely starting to take its toll. I can't stop thinking about warm sun, blue seas, food cooking on a grill, balmy starlit evenings - aaarrghhh! I'm driving myself crazy. Yesterday I decided to really torture myself by looking at The Cool Hunter's (http://www.thecoolhunter.net/) list of Amazing places to experience around the World. Masochistic I know, but I couldn't help myself. I'm going to spread the misery by sharing some with you.


Virgin Gorda, Carribean


Melisani Lake, Kephalonia, Greece

Petra, Jordan

Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming


I'd be happy with any of those and there are so many more on their website so check it out. 


 Not helping are other people reminding me of where they happen to be at the moment, which needless to say is not here!

My Mum is staying at the hotel 'La Corniche Plya-sur-Mer, which she urged me to check out online - surely an airline ticket to join her would have been a better way to get my opinion on the place!

The hotel has been decorated by Phillippe Starck (what hasn't?) and looks very nice indeed.







The restrained palette and quirky touches are typical Starck and the overall scheme works well. The only reservation  I have is that it doesn't feel like its connected to the location, the interiors could be anywhere. I think this is a shame when the setting is stunning and very unique. That's my humble opinion, what do you think?

The second person to shamelessly flaunt their jet-setting today is my cousin Zoe who is off to Serifos. I have written about Serifos before, we have a house there. It is a beautiful, relatively quiet Greek island, and I wish it would stay that way. Unfortunately Greek planning officials don't seem eager to stop building spoiling the beauty of the island and as a result homes are springing up all over the place, which is a real shame.

Well it's still a lovely place all the same, lets keep it our secret!




That's enough for today. Anyone lucky enough to be on holiday - happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment