Tuesday 13 September 2011

Gay Interiors and Sleeping with Diane von Furstenberg (maybe)

I know what you're thinking but I don't mean that kind of gay interior! Because as well as meaning a fabulous homosexual the dictionary defines gay as; 'gleeful, joyous, cheerful, vivacious and merry'. By this definition Jonathan Adler's interiors are as gay as gay can be!

Jonathan Adler is an American designer who's work is the interior equivalent of a fistful of Prosac. his manifesto states that 'Your home should make you happy'. Well I couldn't agree more! So I was very happy to read that Jonathan will be opening his first UK store down the road from me at Brompton Cross. I cant't wait to get in there and buy me some happy!

Until the store arrives here are some photo's to brighten up your day.

Bargello Worth Avenue PillowBargello Chevron Pillowblack newport pillowDisco Lady PillowScorpio Zodiac PillowAcapulco Needlepoint PillowNothing Tastes as Good PillowBargello Hazard PillowVentanaMoroccan PoufUtopia Acrobats VaseMrs. Godfrey chairX-BenchUtopia Williamsburg Vase


The Meurice Light (above) is definitely on my wish list, I love it!

This wallpaper is amazing! Jonathan is not afraid to use colour and I love it too, but I think in our little place it might end up looking a bit like Jeannie's bottle!
Mind you, maybe that's ok! I love Jeannie's bottle - definitely another example of a 'gay' interior!

You can find out more about Jonathan and happy interiors at his website; http://www.jonathanadler.com/

Well, its certainly shaping up to be a bright and colourful post, which brings me to my second exciting thing - a range of bedding by Diane von Furstenberg. Personally I'm not a big fan of fashion designer's diffusion interior collections, but I really like some of these duvet sets.

My personal favourite is the Fifties stripe in coral. I can totally see this in our bedroom, however I can't see myself handing over my card to pay $250.00 for duvet so for the time being its on the wish list alongside that Jonathan Adler light.

Fifties Stripe Duvet

Fifties Stripe

Fifties Stripe Duvet
Dancing Knots Duvet Animal Garden Duvet Small Earth Snake Duvet

I think these are a real case of love it or hate it. They remind me of early 90's style and I'm ready for that revival!

No comments:

Post a Comment