Tuesday 2 August 2011

MAKE ME OVER

Was really excited this morning to see that Cindy Sherman is the latest person to collaborate with M.A.C make up. This isn't because I'm particularly enamoured with M.A.C or the rather predictable celebs they usually work with but because Cindy Sherman is such a great artist and such an offbeat choice! Well done M.A.C.

Cindy has created three characters to show off the three different make up looks. The first is the Park Avenue plastic surgery maven which I think is my favorite.

Cindy Sherman

This second shows links to Cindy's 2003 work which was inspired by clowns.

Cindy Sherman

I find this one quite disturbing, which is a response I often have to the unsettling characters that Sherman creates.

Cindy Sherman

Cindy is a great choice for this collaboration as her work has always been about her transforming her own identity, often if not always throught the use of makeup. I remember doing a school project on Cindy when I was younger and being completely mesmerized by the strange characters she creates in her work. Here is some more of her past works for those of you who haven't seen them before. Enjoy!







Incredible, I've really enjoyed looking through her work today. It so powerful and her ability to create all these lives through her own features is amazing. I guess it truly shows the transformative power of make up - and prosthetics!

Soundtrack for the morning has been Martha Wainright - angsty lady!



No comments:

Post a Comment