Wednesday 17 August 2011

Lady Gaga - You and I

Well, Gaga has just dropped her new video for the single You and I. I have been slightly hot and cold about the new album and the accompanying videos/ various birthing stunts to promote it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personal growth but I'm not sure I really need to see the accompanying amniotic fluid etc!

                                          
                                                                          bleuurggghh!

Well here are some screen caps of the new video for your perusal. I really like some of the visuals, though I couldn't help but feel that parts had great similarity to Madonna's Frozen video. Not really a bad thing though as Frozen is one of my favourite music videos. 


Similar, no?

The rest of the video definately is not like Frozen with some nods to Americana, Frankenstein and aparently a rather highly sexed mermaid - well why not?!


Maybe flats would have been a better choice?


I think the inspiration here is Joan Collins at Ascot looking for the champagne tent.



Gaga makes a rather convincing man.


I love this and it really reminds me of a particular photographer, but for the life of me I cannot think of their name! If anyone knows who the hell I'm talking about please get in touch


 Gaga's never forgets her gay fans and the inclusion of a topless guy, though perhaps not essential to the integrity of the story, will be well appreciated I'm sure.





Gaga mermaid - can't see the tail very well unfortunately


Thankyou Gaga, I really like this. As always its trying a little too hard to be beguiling and artistic, but beyond that the team at house of Gaga have created some really beautiful imagery. I don't know how they have time to put all this together on top of a tour, promotion and the constant sourcing of various bonkers outfits. Good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment